Imagine yourself on a cold winter day, cold weather makes you want to stay in bed and, on top of all, you have caught the flu. All you want to do is rest and eat something warm and tasty. The Peruvian Aguadito de pollo is your best option for this.
Easy and tasty recipe, it will only take around 30 minutes of preparation
The Aguadito de pollo is a Peruvian soup perfect to make anyone feel better. It is believed it has the power of “bringing the dead alive” as an old proverb of Latin-American culture says, as it will comfort a sick person and help them feel better. The recipe is pretty easy, and you will cook a soup that will surely be better than any soup you can get in the supermarket, thanks to the fresh ingredients and the great taste of the Peruvian Ají Amarillo. If you want to know more about the ají Amarillo, check out this post .
If you want to add more veggies to the preparation, we recommend adding carrots, corn and spinach to increase the benefits and improve the taste. You may also add boiled eggs to add up proteins. We’ll teach you the most basic recipe but don’t forget to try variations of your own!
Ingredients (6 portions)
6 Chicken thighs
2 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of ají Amarillo paste
½ cup of Cilantro paste
½ cup of lentils
1 red pepper
1 cup of rice
8 cups of chicken broth
3 potatoes (Yellow potatoes are better for this recipe)
Salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- First you need to cut the veggies, start by cutting the onion into small cubes and set them Then cut the red pepper, take off the seeds and cut it into small cubes, set them apart. Peel and cut the potatoes into big cubes, then keep them apart.
- Heat up the oil in a pot, while it gets hot; prepare the chicken seasoning it with salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Fry the chicken thighs until they are golden, it should take around 3 minutes to 3 minutes each side. Then take the chicken out of the pot.
- In the same pot and with the same oil, add the ají Amarillo paste and the cilantro paste, make sure to mix all the ingredients together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, the red pepper, the rice and the chicken thighs. Pour the chicken broth and turn the heat low. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes with the pot covered or until the potatoes are soft.
- Now the Peruvian aguadito de pollo is ready. Serve and enjoy it. Try adding a lemon juice to the portion; it will bring a fresh and zesty taste to the soup.