The Ajiaco is one of the most important stews from Peru; it is even considered the National Stew from Peru. It consists of a stew made with potatoes, onion, milk, and ají Amarillo (Peruvian yellow pepper) and it is characterized by its brilliant yellow color. It is a versatile Peruvian recipe that can be used as a principal dish if some proteins are added to the preparation or as an accompaniment for your meal.
The main source of flavor for the Ajiaco Stew is the Ají Amarillo or the Yellow Peruvian pepper, one of the most characteristic peppers of the Peruvian gastronomy. The Peruvian gastronomy is well known for the use of different peppers and spices to achieve a complex and pleasant taste.
The Ajiaco is one Peruvian recipe created since the colonial period as a combination of the Spanish and Peruvian cuisine, the main preparation keeps the same but you may add some vegetables for this recipe, to increase its nutritional value and keep the preparation creative, for example you can add carrots, eggs, cumin, oregano and black olives.
Ajiaco is a stew also prepared in other South American countries like Argentina and Colombia. Here we present you this Ajiacao Peruvian recipe which takes less than an hour for its preparation and will definitely bring you great flavors to your meals.
Ingredients (5 portions)
- 5 oz. of onion
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Paste
- 3 ½ teaspoons of ají amarillo Paste
- 18 oz. of potatoes (White potatoes are better for this recipe)
- 1 cup of green beans
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh cheese
- Oil as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion into small cubes and the potatoes also into small cubes, set them aside.
- In a pot, heat over medium heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic paste and the ají Amarillo for 2 to 3 minutes
- Once the onion looks transparent, add the potatoes, the green beans, and the vegetables broth to the pot preparation. Stir well all the ingredients
- Add salt and pepper to the taste and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until the potatoes cubes are soft enough to pierce them with a fork.
- Add the milk to the preparation and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix everything well.
- With this, your Ajiaco is ready. For serving, it is recommended to use slices of ají Amarillo and fresh cheese as decoration.
For the decoration of your Ajiaco dish, you may also add a few scallions chopped really small or cilantro, for a fresh flavor and great smell. This preparation takes around 40 minutes, so it is really practical and easy for the Peruvian gastronomy fans who want to try out recipes change their routine.
Visit : https://www.makeamiracle.net/