One of the Peruvian favorite’s dishes, especially if we are talking about street food is the Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken. Now you may wonder ¿What makes special this rotisserie chicken? After all, rotisserie chicken is an international way to prepare chicken but the recipe may use different spices and condiments’ depending the region and country and that is what makes this recipe so special.
Peruvian spices and peppers are worldwide known for the unique taste they bring to the food. As a result of all the cultural exchange Peru has gone through, you may find a diverse variety of south American peppers and Asiatic spices and sauces used together to create excellent flavors.
As an additional fact, you must know this recipe have been used for centuries in Peru, it has even been declared as national patrimony, yes, it is considered that important! This simple recipe for Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken is perfect for those who want a twist from the routine without much work. If you use the Peruvian species you will have a delicious outcome. Try it out!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 5 Tablespoon of garlic paste
- 2 Tablespoon of rosemary
- 2 Tablespoon of cumin
- ¼ cup of dark beer
- 1 Tablespoon of Peru Sillao Kikko (Or Soya sauce)
- 3 Tablespoon of ajino-moto spice
- 2 Tablespoon of aji panca paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients creating a homogenous sauce.
- Rub the chicken with the prepared sauce, it is important to rub the outside and the inside. A kitchen brush can be useful for this. If you have rosemary branches, a good idea is to stick them inside the chicken
- Marinate it for 2 hours
- Preheat the oven at 190 ºC (or 370 ºF)
- Place the chicken in a mold or grill for the oven and cook it for 1 hour or until it is well cocked and the skin is crispy. If the chicken is too dry you can gather part of the marinade prepare previously and spread it over the chicken. Another trick to avoid dry chicken is to place a small mold with water underneath the chicken when it is almost ready.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting it and serving it.
As you can see, the recipe is pretty simple and it can be done for a delicious lunch or dinner. The Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken is usually served with French fries, a fresh salad like cabbage salad and different dips like chimichurri, guacamole and rocoto cream for the chicken. However you can serve it with other option like steamed vegetables, rice, smashed potatoes, roasted corn and many others.
We invite you to try the flavors of Peru and try many of the recipes we offer you, as well as the best quality ingredients. Get to know more and buy the ingredients used for the Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken:
Share With Everyone So I can Add More High Quality Products For You All. Also visit Kinrex.com