The Causa rellenais one of the principal dishes on the Peruvian gastronomy. It is made out of a potato base with different fillings depending on tastes. The filling may be made of tuna, shredded chicken, crab flesh, shrimps, octopus, olive paste among many different fillings, there is one for each taste. Using the Yellow hot pepper paste and the Rocoto pepper paste as an ingredient can bring unique flavors to the final dish, as they are a Must-have ingredient in most of the Peruvian preparation. Its nutritious value and delicious flavor make it a very important dish that can be found in almost all Peruvian houses. One of the most commons variations is the tuna Causa Rellena, with a really easy preparation it can be made for delicious food. The order of the layers may change, but here we offer a really simple preparation of this classic Peruvian dish:
Ingredients for the tuna Causa Rellena:
For the Causa
53 Oz. potatoes (We recommend yellow potatoes)
One teaspoon of oil
The juice of two limes
1 Tablespoon of Yellow hot pepper paste
Salt and pepper to taste
For the filling
1 Tablespoon of Rocoto pepper paste
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Canned tuna
2 Oz black olives
- Chop both onions into small cubes, then mix on a bowl add half of the chopped onion, the lime juice, the Yellow hot pepper paste and salt pepper to taste. Let marinate.
- Boil the eggs on hot water until they are hard. Then peel them and cut them into small cubes, keep them apart.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then boil them on a pot with water and salt. Boil them until you are able to nail the potatoes with a fork. Then drain them and crush them until they become mashed potatoes.
- Add to the previous mash the mixture of onion previously prepared and stir them well together.
- Slowly add the oil to the potatoes mixture and blend it until it becomes smooth. Then set it aside.
- On another bowl prepare the filling, for this, you have to shred the canned tuna and mix it with the other half of chopped onions, chopped black olives, the Rocoto pepper paste, and the mayonnaise, set aside.
- Cover with film paper the cocking mold you will use. Once covered, start adding the first layer of potatoes mash with one-third of the mashed potatoes mixture.
- For the second layer, use half of the tuna mixture to create a layer and then cover it with a second layer of potatoes mash using another one-third of the mashed potatoes mixture.
- For the fourth layer of the Causa, use the rest of the tuna mixture. Over this layer, place slices of avocado and egg cubes evenly.
- For the fifth layer use the rest of the mashed potatoes to cover the entire mold. Refrigerate the preparation and preparation for more than 2 hours. Unmold and serve it in portions with avocado and egg decoration.
Share With Everyone So I can Add More High Quality Products For You All. Also visit Kinrex.com Thankyou