With the busy days, sometimes it's hard to find time to cook great meals, but eating the same thing day after day can be really boring and tiring. That is why we want to bring you a tasty solution for this problem, an alternative for a delicious dish: a Peruvian recipe for filled red peppers.
With this Peruvian recipe, you can prepare a special meal in less than 1 hour. The Peruvian peppers used for the seasoning in this recipe will offer you a unique taste, really worth trying, after all the Peruvian gastronomy is nowadays one of the best internationally thanks to the flavors they acquire with these special chillies and peppers. The ingredients are perfect for a healthy meal that you will surely enjoy.
Ingredients (12 portions)
For the filling
- Wash well the red peppers and cut the superior part or each one, approximately one finger of the upper part, leaving the tail. These cuts shall serve as the covers for the filled pepper.
- Take out the center and the seeds of the red peppers, carefully take off the veins of the walls of the peppers but take care not to go through the pepper walls, use a spoon to make this easier.
- Fill a pot with water, then add two tablespoons of sugar and place the red peppers and the covers in the water. Once the water starts boiling, take the peppers and the covers out. Replace the water used with fresh water and add again 2 tablespoons of sugar and repeat 3 times, this is for poaching them, so their mitigate their itching taste.
- After the third boiling, take out the red peppers and leave them in a bowl with cold water while we prepare the filling (that way, they keep their texture)
- Now, for the filling, place on a pan the vegetable oil and heat it up. Once it is warm enough, add the onion chopped into small cubes, the garlic paste and the cumin. Cook until the onion looks transparent (5 minutes approximately)
- Add the meat, the ají panca paste, the oregano, the grounded peanuts, the pepper and salt to taste. Mix everything well and let cook until there is not liquid left on the pan (10 minutes approximately)
- While this preparation is cooking, peel and boil the potatoes, then cut then in medium slices when they are soft enough. Cut the hard boiled eggs into small cubes too.
- When the meat is ready, add the raisins, the olives and the boiled eggs. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- With the filling ready we are almost ready, now you just need to feel your red peppers. Take them out of the cold water and fill them to the top, then add a slide of cheese at the top and cover then with the upper part.
- Oil an oven mold and then place the potatoes slices.
- Mix the 4 eggs with the evaporated milk, cover the potatoes slices. Add salt and pepper to the taste.
- Place the filled peppers over the potatoes slices. Then cover all with the mixture of milk and egg.
- Heat up the oven to 200ºC or 392ºF and bake the preparation for 15 minutes or until the cheese at the top of the peppers melts. Now they are ready to eat!