We all know certain recipe or preparations that are perfect for those rainy days, a dish to help you feel better and comfortable. The Sopa criolla is that kind of comfort food, perfect for cheering up any kind of blue mood at the same time it is delicious.
This Sopa Criolla is a warm soup with spicy taste thanks to the Peruvian food spices and peppers it usually has, the ingredients may change from region to region, but the main ingredients were gathered in this recipe. You may add vegetables to the preparation for a healthier version.
You can try it with the variations of your taste, such as adding different vegetables or seafood to enhance the taste. A special ingredient really recommended for a great taste is adding small ginger pieces to the soup, lightly smashed.
Eating the Sopa criolla just cooked is the best experience, and it is a great soup for children or when you are feeling sick. You can try different broths depending on your tastes or just use dried seasoning to prepare the broth. We recommend you this Peruvian dish if you want to cheer up your beloved ones.
Ingredients (6 portions)
- 17 oz. of beef loin
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoon of tomatoes paste
- 1 onion chopped into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of ají panca paste
- 1 tablespoon of ají Amarillo paste
- 2 ½ L of beef broth
- 7 fl oz. of evaporated milk
- 9 oz. of thin noodles
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of bread croutons
- Salt and pepper to the taste
- Ground Oregano to taste
- First cut the beef loin into thin strips and then into small pieces, of 1/3 inches approximately each one. If the meat is too hard, smash it a little with a cooking hammer. Keep apart.
- Set a pot on high heat and add oil, add the onion chopped into small cubes and sauté it for a couple of minutes or until the onion looks transparent.
- Add the meat with the ground oregano and cook it until the beef looks golden. Then add the tomatoes paste and a little bit of salt. Cook for another minute.
- Now, add the beef broth and add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pot and let it boil for 5 minutes. If the meat is still hard, keep cooking it for a couple of minutes more.
- With the broth boiling, add the evaporated milk and the thin noodles, help yourself with a big spoon to separate the noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, fry the eggs on a pan with a little bit of oil. It is recommended to leave the egg yolks under cooked. Add them salt to the taste.
- Once the noodles are ready, turn off the heat and the sopa criollait’s ready for serving. First serve the noodle soup, then place the fried egg over the soup and it’s ready to enjoy.
Check Out Some Cool Stuff!